The Libraries.Today National Forum provides synchronous and asynchronous access to three days of live and pre-recorded talks. Attend what you can to share your thoughts with your colleagues, and come back later to catch up with talks that you missed.
Librarians from across the country will be joining panels to talk about the impacts of COVID on their programs. Our goal is to record the changes we have all experienced through the pandemic and then begin to look forward to post-COVID school libraries.
• Dr. Jen Cannell, St. John Fisher (NY) College
Graduate School Library Program
• Kathy Caroll, Lead Library Media Specialist, Richland 2 (SC) Schools
• Priscille Dando, Coordinator of Library Information
Services, Fairfax County (VA) Public Schools
• Erin Hollingsworth, District Librarian, North
Slope Borough (AK) School District
• Melissa Jacobs, Director of the New York City
School Library System
• Amanda Kordeliski, Director of Libraries for
Norman (OK) Public Schools
• Julie Miller, Librarian, Clay County (FL) Schools
• Craig Seasholes, Elementary Librarian (Retired), Seattle
(WA) Public Schools
• Alicia Thompson, Director of the Erie1 BOCES
(NY) School Library System
The Institute of Museum and Library Services is the primary source of federal support for the nation's libraries and museums. We advance, support, and empower America’s museums, libraries, and related organizations through grantmaking, research, and policy development. Our vision is a nation where museums and libraries work together to transform the lives of individuals and communities. To learn more, visit www.imls.gov and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
The School Library System of the Genesee Valley BOCES, established by Commissioner's Regulations in 1985, is a state-funded program dedicated to improving the libraries of our Western New York region's 22, small, rural districts and non-public schools. Our programs have been recognized nationally as exemplars of the next generation of library services. Genesee Valley BOCES was honored to receive this IMLS National Leadership Grant for Libraries.